I don't want to jinx it but man 2017 seems a sweet relief from 2016 and we are only 6 days in!
We are now back in Jax after a whirlwind two weeks driving up and down the east coast of the United States for the bazillionth time these past few months (Okay up 3 times and down twice but it seems like a bazillion). We weren't thinking straight when back in October we asked Emily what she would like to do for the New Year holiday - I mean can you blame us we had hurricane mind. Of course she picked New York, she always pick New York. But really, can you blame her?
We had a happy reunion with Emily in Jax after she got off a 28 hour bus ride - Mark made her take the bus because he said it builds character - and then it was off to South Carolina. My parents are really enjoying their retirement home on the banks of a lake and who can blame them. My sister lives there too so Em got to reunite with her cousins and Mark got to play with kids his own age.
Our old Bahamian neighbors and best friends live in Richmond so we had a quick overnight stop there where we got some good news (tell you later) and then it was on to New York City baby!
We had a great few days but are thrilled to be back in Jax again in our little apartment. I love my little office and feel like 2017 is off to a fabulous start. Here's what's happened so far.
- I released my first novel for free to Instafreebie and joined some group giveaways and so far 600 people have downloaded it - whoo hoo! Let's hope 600 people read it!
- We listed our house in Reston that has had a renter who recently departed and it sold in a week!
- We found out that our friends (see above) will be joining us in our home in Italy this year.
- We found out that another of Mark's best friends will be visiting for two weeks in March.
- I'm helping a friend by speaking at her seminar. It's a Life Planning workshop but who knows - they might read breezy chick-lit?
- We got an invitation to a good friend's wedding in February - we love weddings.
- I have signed up for my first Writer's Conference in April.
Next weekend we are off to Orlando for Mark's annual soccer tournament so the only thing I am struggling with in 2017 so far is writing every day. I am a third of the way through Unstoppable, the 2nd book in the Jersey Girl's series, and have already booked my editor for a slot in March so I need to get to it!